- About Us
- Restoration Services
- Cleaning Services
- Special Savings
- Contact Us
- ERP Login
As your parent’s age, it is important to keep them safe at home. Every time you visit them, you might repair loose carpets on the stairs, uneven walkways, and poor lighting. However, the most dangerous room in the house is the bathroom. The combination of excess moisture presents two serious dangers. Nearly 80 percent of falls by people 65 or older occur on wet surfaces in the bathroom, according to the National Institute on Aging. In addition, excess moisture can lead to airborne mold.
Keeping the Bathroom Safe
In order to protect from the hard, slick surfaces, consider adding additional safety equipment.
Health Effects Of Mold
As molds grow, some may produce toxins or poisonous substances called mycotoxins that may cause effects in humans. The presence of mold does not in itself present a health risk; airborne mold spores are a common allergen. However, exposure to excessive amounts of mold can also cause an increase in the frequency or severity of asthma symptoms in certain populations. Individuals with allergies to certain types of mold may exhibit common allergic symptoms such as sneezing, runny nose, upper respiratory irritation, cough, and eye irritation. The elderly have an even higher risk of developing more serious conditions from exposure to these molds and their mycotoxins.
Mold And Its Effects On The Elderly
According to MoldHealthReport.com, indoor mold can be an enormous health risk, especially for those with weakened or stressed immune systems. The common signs of mold exposure are:
It is important to maintain clean, dry, and dust free-living conditions with proper ventilation for all elderly individuals. When symptoms of mold exposureare suspected in your loved one, take it seriously and contact a professional immediately to remove mold and prevent regrowth.
What About Black Mold Or Stachybotrys?
While there has been heightened media attention regarding exposure to a specific type of mold commonly referred to as black or toxic mold. Currently, there is no conclusive scientific evidence linking the inhalation of black mold spores or any type of mold in the indoor environment to any illness other than typical allergy symptoms.
Big Or Small – K-tech Kleening Can Handle It All
To keep your family’s home safe from mold, K-tech Kleening can help. The team of highly trained and certified technicians can handle any job, big or small. Whether you are in need of a bio-wash antimicrobial cleaning in one room or an entire remediation of your home or business, K-tech has the equipment and the staff to put your worries at ease.
K-tech serves customers in Rhinelander and Central Wisconsin. Multiple offices and 45-plus fleet of vehicles provide an extensive reach to outlying rural and metropolitan locations. Call 715-496-2955 or visit K-techkleening.com.
Please contact us by filling out the form below or give us a call at 800-215-8324.
7710 Technology Drive
Weston, WI 54476
Learn About K-tech Charities